What is it?
A grassroots network of Mennonites with a passion for peace with justice in Palestine-Israel.
What are its purposes?
1) To encourage and support advocacy and action in local and national contexts, with a special emphasis within the Mennonite Church.
2) To develop and/or promote educational resources related to Palestine-Israel, including books, movies, and curricula for use by individuals, congregations, or other groups.
3) To enable quick communication among members of the network and the larger Mennonite Church regarding ongoing developments in Palestine-Israel.
4) To join with people of faith and conscience around the world who share our passion for peace with justice, especially those working within Palestine-Israel.
How is it organized?
A Steering Committee will provide basic oversight and administration.
Four subcommittees will manage the nuts and bolts of the network:
1) Education. This group will compile and share a list of educational resources related to Palestine-Israel, including books, curricula, films, and a “speaker’s bureau.” It will also promote travel/learning opportunities to the region.
2) Advocacy/Action. This group will promote short and long-term strategies for advocacy and action, including those related to the BDS (“Boycott, Divestment, and Sanction”) movement, with the constituency of Mennonite Church USA as a target audience.
3) Communication. This group will establish and maintain the electronic infrastructure needed to fulfill the network’s purposes, including a web site and internet-related based media.
4) Grassroots Connection. This group is the “relational” wing of the network, initiating and maintaining electronic “chats,” and planning periodic face-to-face gatherings regionally and nationally.
How may I participate?
You may join simply by providing your name and email address. This will add you to the network. As the network becomes established, you will receive periodic emails and/or electronic notifications, including educational resources, invitations to electronic conversation, and opportunities for advocacy and action. If you are ready and willing to be more deeply involved, you are invited to volunteer for one of the four subcommittees.
Where do I go for more information, or to join?
Send an email to: email@example.com.