We believe that Christ calls us to work for peace, justice, and reconciliation in the world. The land of Palestine/Israel is in many ways a microcosm of our world, ancient and modern. The conflict in that small area fuels mistrust and violence throughout the region and the entire globe. For these reasons we feel specifically called to pray and work for peace in that holy land. We commit ourselves to follow the model of Christ, speaking and acting boldly yet non-violently, with love as our guide. We are an inclusive and anti-racist network. We stand opposed to Islamophobia, anti-Semitism, all forms of racism, and any other expressions of bigotry directed at any person or group.
Goals/Purposes of the Network:
1) To encourage and support advocacy and action in local and national contexts, with a special emphasis within the Mennonite Church.
2) To develop and/or promote educational resources related to Israel/Palestine, including books, movies, and curricula for use by individuals, congregations, or other groups.
3) To enable quick communication among members of the network and the larger Mennonite Church regarding ongoing developments in Palestine/Israel.
4) To join with people of faith and conscience around the world who share our passion for peace with justice, especially those working within Palestine/Israel.
Expectations of Members:
1) To pray regularly for peace with justice in Palestine/Israel.
2) To participate in ongoing discussion and discernment within the group as one is able (whether in face-to-face gatherings, or via electronic media.)
3) To participate in action steps proposed by the group as one is able.
4) To follow the leading of the Holy Spirit in initiating other advocacy and action steps in one’s context.
5) To be educated on the context of the conflict and remain current on significant developments in the region.