One of the best ways to understand the people of Palestine and their struggle for justice is to go there yourself. With knowledgeable leadership and guidance, you can see both Holy Land sites and meet and talk with Palestinians and Israelis who oppose the occupation and are working for justice for the Palestinian people. MennoPIN recommends the following tours taking place in the upcoming months. Go to Palestine, expand your knowledge of the Palestine-Israeli conflict and hear from those working on the ground for justice and peace in the Holy Land.
Christian Peacemaker Teams Delegations to Palestine/Israel. Three more CPT delegations will occur in 2019
- August 6 – 20 (Multi-faith Delegation)
- October 22 – November 5 (Harvest Delegation)
- November 30 – December 14
Delegates will meet with Palestinian and Israeli human rights representatives and peace workers in Jerusalem and Bethlehem. They will visit Palestinian families whose home and livelihoods are threatened by expanding Israeli settlements. They will travel to the city of Al Khalil (Hebron) and the village of At-Tuwani in the South Hebron Hills and experience firsthand CPT’s work alongside Israeli and Palestinian partners. They will challenge the structural violence of the Occupation through nonviolent public witness. For more information, please click here.
Come and See Israel/Palestine Witness Trip. June 12-25, 2019. Led by Arnie Voigt (Lutheran minister) and Joy Lapp (Professor of Religion and Ethics at Iowa Wesleyan University). Visit the holy sites in the Old City of Jerusalem and two nights in Galilee, including Nazareth, Mount of the Beatitudes and the Sea of Galilee. Meet with Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Center in Jerusalem. Hear from numerous Palestinian and Israeli human rights groups. Travel to the Negev Desert and visit a Bedouin village and hear of their struggle. In Hebron, visit the Ibrahimi Mosque, honored by Jews and Muslims as their burial place of Abraham and Sarah. For more information and registration, contact Arnie Voigt: 303-218-8122, email@example.com or Joy Lapp: 720-201-3697, firstname.lastname@example.org. Spaces are still available. For more information, please click here.
Eyewitness Palestine Delegations. Three delegations are planned for 2019:
- Summer 2019 – “Community Arts and Resilience” explores the creative ways Palestinian communities employ arts and culture as a means of resilience and resistance. Meet Palestinians and Israelis making and using visual art, performance art and more. Learn about the importance of other creative tools for community resilience, such as farming, technology and education. Deadline for application is May 1, 2019. Find out more here.
- Autumn 2019 – “Environmental Justice and Olive Harvest” visits Palestine during the olive harvest season – a culturally rich and important time. Hear from farmers and learn of the importance of agriculture to the economy and culture. Learn about threats to the environment, the exploitation of natural resources, and the struggle of Palestinian communities to maintain access to land and water. Deadline is August 1, 2019. Find out more here.