1) Basic administration and oversight will be provided by a steering committee of 4-6 members.
- Provides basic administration and oversight to the work of Menno-PIN
- Meets regularly to discuss the direction and focus of our work
- Oversees the work of the following committees (the Steering Committee should be represented on each of the committees)
2) The steering committee will recruit additional members to serve on the following subcommittees (3-6 members each)
A. Education: primary purpose is to promote educational resources and opportunities related to Israel/Palestine. Tasks include:
- Collect and maintain a list of educational resources
- Promote the use of these resources within the denomination
- Promote travel opportunities to Israel/Palestine
B. Advocacy/Action: primary purpose is to promote concrete action steps related to Israel/Palestine. Tasks include:
- Monitor current situation and distribute updates/ action emails to Menno-PIN email list
- Promote BDS (“Boycott, Divest, Sanction”) as the strategy specifically encouraged by Palestinian Christian leaders in the Kairos document
- Develop resolutions to be considered by delegates at the bi-annual Mennonite Conventions
C. Grassroots Connection: primary purpose is to encourage participation in the network, in our denomination and beyond. Tasks include:
- Develop and maintain a social media presence as means of sharing with others on the network
- Develop, maintain, and monitor the network’s email account
- Promote and respond to conversation among network members
- Provide support and encouragement to network members both in MCUSA churches and on the ground in Israel/Palestine
D. Communication: primary purpose is to inform the constituency and broader community about the work of the network. Tasks include:
- Develop and maintain the network’s web site in coordination with the other subcommittees
- Promote the work of the network regularly through public media, within the denomination and beyond, including articles, editorials, and press releases
- Develop a marketing strategy for the network (including a logo)
3) Both the steering committee and subcommittees will convene (via conference call, Skype, or Google+) at least quarterly, and more often as needed, and otherwise will carry out their tasks via email.
4) The steering committee may include members of each of the sub-committees.