Christian Zionism has had a significant impact upon evangelical Christians and others in the United States, an impact expressed theologically and politically. But what is Christian Zionism and how has it shaped U.S. government policy toward Israel in the past and in the present? To explore this question and more, MennoPIN recommends the following resources. This is not an exhaustive list, but a way to deepen understanding of the theological and political roots of Christian Zionism today.
- “Palestinian Christians and Christian Zionism,” an essay by MennoPIN Steering Committee member, Jonathan Kuttab.
- “Challenging Christian Zionism,” a webinar by Jewish Voices for Peace interviewing MennoPIN Steering Committee members, Jonathan Kuttab and Jonathan Brenneman.
- The website, “Christian Zionism.”
- The film, “With God on Our Side.”
- “A Cry for Home,” stories, videos and fact sheets from Mennonite Central Committee on Palestine and Israel.
- A series of essays published by Mennonite Central Committee.
- “Zionism Unsettled: A Congregational Study Guide,” published by the Israel/Palestine Mission Network of the Presbyterian Church (USA).
- “Christian Zionism,” by Jewish social justice activist and educator, Paul Kivel.